All participants in the HOPP SSP will participate in the following:
- Conduct Laboratory or Computational based research projects
- Postdoctoral Led Journal Clubs
- HOPP SSP Student Led Journal Clubs
- PI Luncheons
- Laboratory Tours
- Teambuilding & Social Networking Sessions
- Stipend – For the eight-week program, students receive a total stipend amount of $1,200.
Each participant in the HOPP Summer Student Program is assigned to an 8-week, biomedical or computational lab-based internship at MSKCC. Students are paired with a mentor who supervises their activities, helps them develop appropriate skills. Over the course of the internship, students complete a self-directed project that provides value to their mentor and/or Principal Investigator’s overall research objectives. Through participation in laboratory meetings and program sessions, students are exposed to a variety of people within their assigned laboratories and MSKCC community.