The Human Oncology and Pathogenesis Program (HOPP) seeks high school students who are knowledgeable, self-motivated, and passionate about science to join the Science Enrichment Program (SEP).
Additionally, students must meet the following criteria:
- Interested in STEM careers
- Junior in high school
- Completed full year of biology courses
- Ethnicity as Black/Hispanic/Native American aligning with National Institutes of Health’s diversity in STEM criteria
Successful HOPP SEP applicants typically demonstrate strong academic achievement and leadership skills and are interested in the biomedical sciences and translational cancer research. All applications must be submitted electronically.
Application Process - The following materials must be submitted for an application to be reviewed:
- School Nomination - students must be nominated by the SEP Partner School
- SEP Application Form - including short essay responses
- School Transcript - copy of high school unofficial transcrip
- Academic Course Schedule