We are seeking a Research Project Associate to manage our five-year research project aimed at developing and evaluating educational materials about genetic testing for cancer patients who speak different languages and have diverse cultural and educational backgrounds.
This position requires literacy of Spanish or Haitian Creole.
The RPA candidate will be responsible for management of all components of this project, including database development and maintenance, data collection and entry, communicating progress and challenges, management of vendor/collaborator relationships, and working with the study team and principal investigator (PI; Jada Hamilton, PhD, MPH) to manage and analyze the study data. The candidate should have a minimum of 2 years of relevant research experience (1 year if you have a Master’s degree), as well as excellent data management, organizational, oral and written communication, project coordination and interpersonal skills. S/he must be able to work independently as well as lead a team and possess computer proficiency in Microsoft Office, EndNote, and SPSS. Knowledge of Visio and/or Gant project management software a plus. Background knowledge in genetics and genetic counseling is welcome but not required. Opportunities exist for research and academic professional development. This position is currently funded full-time for five years.
- Support the PI and study team as needed for data management and relevant project duties;
- Provide regular reports to the PI regarding study progress and challenges and work with the PI to address any problems that arise;
- Organize and participate in weekly study meetings;
- Design database(s) and tools to facilitate data collection as needed for assigned research projects;
- Maintenance of study databases, codebooks, and procedures for data entry and monitoring;
- Obtain informed consent and administer questionnaires and qualitative interviews when necessary;
- Ensure coordination and implementation of project-related activities;
- Assist in the preparation of grants, presentations, and manuscripts;
- Perform literature searches;
- Other tasks as needed
- Master’s degree (e.g., public health, implementation science or related field) preferred
- Language requirement – Spanish or Haitian Creole Fluency
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Access, and SPSS (or SAS, SQL)
- Excellent knowledge of REDCap preferred
- Strong analytical and data management skills
- Outstanding judgment, initiative, and attention to detail
- Able to prioritize and schedule work activities to ensure that workflow is efficient and meets the needs of the project
- Able to effectively work independently and within a large team setting
- Superior interpersonal skills and verbal and written communication skills;
- Must be detail-oriented
Please contact Dr. Jada Hamilton (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a cover letter and your resume/CV if interested.