As a Senior Research Technician you will perform research activities in collaboration with internal/external personnel to complete science-based projects. You will normally receive detailed instructions while making observations, analyzing data and interpreting results according to laboratory procedures. The Senior Research Technician will provide support to all technical/research staff and postdocs.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments with a keen eye for detail
- Action oriented and eager to take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Be responsible for lab organization including coordinating orders, unpacking consumables, organizing plasmid/cell/animal stocks and preparation of standard solutions for the laboratory.
- Be involved in on-going research projects with peers and research personnel in the laboratory involving work with tissue culture, molecular biology, biochemistry and potentially also animal handling.
- Perform necessary analysis and calculations, records data and writes reports on research findings.
- Purchase equipment and materials for the laboratory.
- Assist Administrative Assistant in generation of purchase order information for supplies and equipment by gathering information for online purchase
- Bachelor’s in Biology or closely related major with 3+ years related experience or Master’s with at least 1 year of related experience.
- Basic molecular biology procedures such as cloning and DNA/RNA and tissue culture procedures, extractions from bacteria and tissues.
- Exceptional organizational skills.