We are seeking an individual with a creative and analytical mind to join the Sloan Kettering Institute’s Single Cell Research Initiative (SCRI). The SCRI team accelerates biomedical discovery through the application of state-of-the-art algorithms to single-cell genomics datasets collected from patient data and from advanced mouse and organoid models of cancer. The SCRI computational biologist will apply computational methods to the flood of cutting-edge data being generated at SCRI to explore questions of tumor heterogeneity, drug-resistance, tumor stem-cells, mechanism of immunotherapy, the emergence of metastasis and the tumor-immune environment. SCRI bioinformatics is embedded in the group of Dr. Dana Pe’er, a leader in single-cell data analysis, providing guidance and a highly stimulating intellectual environment for analytical methods development.
You should have a background in human biology with a minimum of some computer science and statistics courses, and you should be excited to learn how to apply sophisticated algorithms to big biological data at one of the top cancer research institutes in the world. Your implementation of processing and visualization algorithms will allow data scientists, biologists and clinicians to interact with and interpret the data. A key focus is the single-cell profiling of patient samples, with the goal of improving immunotherapy and precision medicine. Join us if you are eager to learn and want to make an impact!
- Implement, apply, and evaluate methods to process, normalize, organize and visualize single-cell sequencing data
- Provide initial analysis and biological interpretation of data
- Develop new methods for single-cell analysis
- Prepare Python notebooks for interactive engagement with the data
- Provide consultation, guidance and training to research scientists using SCRI tools
- Minimum of Bachelor’s with core biology and computer science courses, or equivalent experience
- Analytical, reasoning, statistical, mathematical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent ability to communicate with biologists
- Familiarity with high-throughput sequencing data
- Knowledge of Python and/or R (preferably Python)
Use this MSK Careers link to apply.