We are seeking an individual with a creative and analytical mind to join Sloan Kettering Institute’s Single Cell Research Initiative (SCRI). The SCRI team accelerates biomedical discovery through the application of state-of-the-art algorithms to single-cell genomics datasets collected from patient data and advanced cancer mouse and organoid models. The individual will help develop computational methods and apply them to the flood of cutting-edge data being generated at SCRI to explore questions of tumor heterogeneity, drug-resistance, tumor stem-cells, mechanism of immunotherapy, the emergence of metastasis and the tumor-immune environment.
You should have a background in human biology with a minimum of some computer science and statistics courses, and you should be excited to learn how to apply sophisticated algorithms to big biological data in one of the top cancer research institutes in the world. Your implementation of processing and visualization algorithms will allow data scientists, biologists and clinicians to interact with and interpret the data. A key focus is the single-cell profiling of patient samples, with the goal of improving immunotherapy and precision medicine. Join us if you are eager to learn and want to make an impact!
In this position, you will:
- Implement and apply methods to process, normalize, organize and visualize single-cell sequencing data.
- Provide initial analysis and interpretation of data
- Prepare Python notebooks for interactive engagement with the data
- Provide consultation, guidance and training to research scientists using SCRI tools
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with core biology and computer science courses
- Analytical, reasoning, statistical, mathematical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with biologists
- Knowledge of programming language, preferably Python
- Familiarity with high-throughput sequencing data
- Programming experience
For inquiries, please e-mail Awni Mousa at firstname.lastname@example.org