The laboratory of Sloan Kettering Institute Director Joan Massagué has open positions available throughout the year. We encourage you to check back later if you don’t see something that’s right for you today.
We are seeking a highly motivated Research Technician to provide laboratory support for the Massagué Laboratory in the Cancer Biology and Genetics Program. In this role, the candidate will independently manage the laboratory’s extensive plasmid stock, including submitting newly published plasmids to the Addgene repository and managing external plasmid requests, while also working closely with postdoctoral fellows on their ongoing projects.
The ideal candidate will have experience performing routine laboratory procedures (tissue culture, RNA extraction, RT-PCR, Western blot) and using sterile techniques, have excellent time-management skills, and be able to operate effectively in a team setting.
A bachelor’s degree in biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, or related fields is required. One to three years of laboratory experience with an emphasis on molecular biology and genetics is strongly preferred.
- Organizing and allocating space to lab members in -80 and -20 degree refrigerator
- Ordering and receiving packages for the lab
- Performing tissue culture, molecular biology techniques (bacterial cloning, viral transfection, DNA and RNA extraction, immunohistochemistry staining, Western blot, etc.)
- Conducting mouse experiments (performing injections, doing whole-body and ex-vivo imaging, monitoring animal health, performing dissection for ex-vivo studies)
- Analyzing experimental results (RT-qPCR, Western Blot, mouse imaging data, immunohistochemistry results, etc.)
Additionally, the candidate must be able to work independently under minimal supervision. A minimum commitment of two to three years is strongly preferred.