The van den Brink Laboratory, a transplant immunology laboratory at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, has an open position for a Research Technician (Job Posting). The lab has an outstanding academic environment focused on immuno-oncology and bone marrow transplantation and has a strong track record of research technicians subsequently attending medical school or other academic opportunities.
If you are interested in learning more about the lab and position, please contact Marissa Peterson (firstname.lastname@example.org), Program Coordinator for the van den Brink lab.
An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments with a keen eye for detail
Intellectually curious and eager to tackle new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and passion
Bachelor’s degree with a STEM major (Biology, Chemistry) or relevant laboratory experience.
- Responsible for purchasing equipment and materials for the laboratory.
- Prepares laboratory equipment, instruments, solutions, stains, assays and other supplies.
- May be involved in animal handling requiring injection of animals, collection/harvesting of tissues, fluids; animal autopsies in order to make chemical identification and conduct analyses.
- Work may involve culture and/or cell separation methods; electrophoretic separations: assays (e.g., RIA, TIA, ELISA); basic biology or other specialized science techniques.
- Provides assistance with other ongoing research for peers and research personnel
- Performs vital analysis and calculations, records data and writes reports on research findings.
- Produces reports comprising of the requested statistics for the study.
- Operates lab equipment.