Experts from all specialties of breast cancer treatment will attend the 2018 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium from December 4 through 8. It is the largest annual meeting devoted solely to the latest in breast cancer advances. The meeting will highlight emerging research and also tackle some of the larger issues facing people with breast cancer and the doctors who treat them.
Surgeons, medical oncologists, pathologists, and other specialists from Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) will be taking part in multiple presentations, panels, and sessions throughout the meeting.
MSK experts — including Monica Morrow, MD, FACS; Babak Mehrara, MD; among others— will be available as needed for on-site or phone interviews on a variety of breast cancer–related topics and trends, including:
- avoiding aggressive lymph node surgery in certain groups and the potential for de-escalating surgical care when appropriate
- new developments and research into the treatment of lymphedema
- the US Food and Drug Administration’s recent approval of the targeted therapy larotrectinib (Vitrakvi®) and its potential for the treatment of breast cancer
- the association between exercise, treatment and outcomes
- race and ethnicity differences in obesity-driven breast cancer
Follow the meeting live on Twitter using the hashtag #SABCS18. For more information or to speak with an expert, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.