This program provides acupuncturists with a basic understanding of integrative oncology. It includes a discussion of the pathophysiology of cancer, mainstream treatment, and the management of side effects associated with treatments for breast, colorectal, lung, and prostate cancer, as well as lymphoma, leukemia, and other cancer diagnoses.
Acupuncturists leave this course with the knowledge and skills to:
- Assess patients and their chart information
- Develop appropriate, safe, and effective treatment plans for cancer patients
- Perform acupuncture techniques for the optimal treatment of cancer patients
- Practice acupuncture as part of a medical team in a hospital setting
- Understand the overall role of acupuncture in cancer patient management