This program provides acupuncturists with a basic understanding of integrative oncology. It includes a discussion of the pathophysiology of cancer, mainstream treatment, and the management of side effects associated with treatments for breast, colorectal, lung, and prostate cancer, as well as lymphoma, leukemia, and other cancer diagnoses.
Acupuncturists leave this course with the knowledge and skills to:
- Assess patients and their chart information
- Develop appropriate, safe, and effective treatment plans for cancer patients
- Perform acupuncture techniques for the optimal treatment of cancer patients
- Practice acupuncture as part of a medical team in a hospital setting
- Understand the overall role of acupuncture in cancer patient management
We are improving the functions of our program website and growing our course offerings. To accomplish these goals, we have temporarily disabled our website; class registration is unavailable at this time. We anticipate our new website will be live in late spring 2015.
If you would like to receive information about our class offerings and to be notified when our new website is ready, please contact the Education Coordinator at email@example.com. Thank you for your patience and understanding.