THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
This Notice informs you of the following:
- Who Will Follow This Notice
- What Health Information is Protected
- How We May Use Your Health Information
- When We Will Obtain Separate Authorization From You for Use of Your Information
- Your Privacy Rights
- How to Contact Us and Obtain Copies of This Notice
- How to File a Complaint
We are required by law to protect the privacy of your health information, and to provide you with a copy of this notice which describes the health information privacy practices of our hospital, its medical staff, and affiliated health care providers that jointly provide health care services with our hospital. You will also be able to obtain your own copy at any time, as described further below.
If you have any questions about this notice or would like further information, please contact the Privacy Officer at 646-227-2056.
WHO WILL FOLLOW THIS NOTICE?
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSKCC) provides health care to patients jointly with physicians and other health care professionals and organizations. The privacy practices described in this notice will be followed by:
- Any health care professional who treats you at any of our locations;
- All employees, medical staff, trainees, students or volunteers at any of our locations;
- Any business associates of MSKCC (which are described further below).
Learn more about our privacy practices.