Chemical Biology Program
The Daniel Bachovchin Lab
The Bachovchin lab uses chemical and cell biology approaches to study important questions in innate immunity. We are particularly interested in characterizing the molecular mechanisms controlling the formation of inflammasomes, key components of the innate immune system that sense intracellular danger signals and trigger pyroptotic cell death.
Chui, A.J*; Okondo, M.C.*; Rao, S.D.*; Gai, K.; Griswold, A.R.; Johnson, D.C.; Ball, D.P.; Taabazuing, C.Y.; Orth, E.L.; Vittimberga, B.A.; Bachovchin, D.A. # “N-terminal degradation activates the Nlrp1b inflammasome.” Science. 2019, 365, 82-85.
Rao, S.D.*; Chen, Q.*; Wang, Q.*; Orth-He, E.L.*; Saoi, M.; Griswold, A.R.; Bhattacharjee, A.; Ball, D.P.; Huang, H.-C.; Chui, A.J.; Covelli, D.J.; You, S.; Cross, J.R.; Bachovchin, D.A. # “M24B aminopeptidase inhibitors selectively activate the CARD8 inflammasome.” Nat Chem Biol. 2022, in press.
Daniel Bachovchin, PhD
- Chemical biologist Daniel Bachovchin designs selective inhibitors to study enzymes and pathways in cancer and immune system signaling.
- PhD, The Scripps Research Institute
- Josie Robertson Investigator (2015-2020)
- Louise and Allston Boyer Young Investigator Award for Distinguished Achievement in Basic Research
- Sloan Research Fellow in Chemistry (2018)
- Pew-Stewart Scholar for Cancer Research (2017-2021)
- Pershing Square Sohn Prize for Young Innovators in Cancer Research (2018)
- Stand Up to Cancer 2017 Innovative Research Grant Recipient (2017-2020)
- California Breast Cancer Research Program Fellowship (2011-2012)
- National Science Foundation Predoctoral Fellowship (2006-2007)
Get in Touch
Doctors and faculty members often work with pharmaceutical, device, biotechnology, and life sciences companies, and other organizations outside of MSK, to find safe and effective cancer treatments, to improve patient care, and to educate the health care community.
MSK requires doctors and faculty members to report (“disclose”) the relationships and financial interests they have with external entities. As a commitment to transparency with our community, we make that information available to the public.
Daniel Bachovchin discloses the following relationships and financial interests:
No disclosures meeting criteria for time period
The information published here is for a specific annual disclosure period. There may be differences between information on this and other public sites as a result of different reporting periods and/or the various ways relationships and financial interests are categorized by organizations that publish such data.
This page and data include information for a specific MSK annual disclosure period (January 1, 2020 through disclosure submission in spring 2021). This data reflects interests that may or may not still exist. This data is updated annually.