What is MSK Direct?
MSK Direct creates a relationship between Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK) and its employer partners, ensuring simplified, guided access to the benefits of cancer treatment at MSK for partner employees and their family members.
As do all our patients, MSK Direct members will receive the most advanced cancer care from an experienced and compassionate team of cancer specialists as well as the practical and emotional support they need. Well-known for our hospital location on the Upper East Side of Manhattan, we also have a number of state-of-the-art outpatient facilities conveniently located in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Long Island, Westchester, and New Jersey where patients can receive the same world-class cancer care closer to home.Back to top
What benefits does membership in MSK Direct provide to employees?
With MSK Direct, employees and their families will have direct access to a team of dedicated professionals who specialize in cancer. The team includes experienced nurses, social workers, and MSK Care Advisors who will be there to guide them through the process of getting care at MSK and oversee their experience every step of the way.
The staff at MSK Direct will:
- Offer a timely and convenient appointment with an appropriate physician
- Answer questions, coordinate services, and help navigate critical steps throughout the patient’s cancer care experience
- Help gather necessary medical records before the first appointment
- Introduce the patient to MSK facilities and the clinical teams that will be handling their care
- Continue to be a resource for the patient throughout their experience at MSK
In addition, members will have access to MSK Diagnostics if they receive results from a blood test, imaging exam, or pathology report that may indicate cancer, with the option to begin treatment immediately if the diagnosis is cancer. Members can also contact the team to arrange for a second opinion if a diagnosis has been made elsewhere.Back to top
What are the benefits to employers?
- A true benefit to employees, with no cost for the program (for employers or members)
- With MSK Direct there is no direct contract – all billing is done through existing payer arrangements, simplifying the implementation process
- MSK will provide comprehensive marketing and communication support to build and maintain awareness of the MSK Direct program
- Metrics on utilization and patient satisfaction
- Option to establish as a Comprehensive Cancer Center of Excellence, with differentiated plan design (i.e. travel benefits, waived copays/deductibles)
- The ability to designate extended eligibility for the program, including employees, dependents, children, parents, and other family members (subject to health insurance coverage for care at MSK)
What are the requirements of employers?
One of the key advantages of MSK Direct is the minimal effort necessary to implement the program. Commitment is limited to:
- Having MSK in network for all employees’ health plans
- Ensuring other health benefits providers (i.e. TPAs, nurse hotlines, onsite clinics) are aware of the program and refer members to MSK
- Partnering on communicating the program to employees
If you would like to learn more about how MSK Direct might benefit your employees, or have any questions on the program, you can email email@example.com, and a member of our staff will respond promptly to your inquiry.Back to top