We are a basic research laboratory that studies the structural, biochemical, and functional basis for macromolecules involved in post-translational protein modification by ubiquitin and ubiquitin-like proteins such as SUMO, and pathways that contribute to co- and post-transcriptional RNA maturation, processing and decay.
Christopher D. Lima, PhD
Research FocusChris Lima studies essential eukaryotic pathways that contribute to RNA processing and decay as well as posttranslational protein modification by ubiquitin and ubiquitin-like modifiers such as SUMO.
EducationPhD, Northwestern University
- Streich FC Jr, Lima CD. Capturing a substrate in an activated RING E3/E2-SUMO complex. Nature. 2016 Aug 18;536(7616):304-8. doi: 10.1038/nature19071
- Wasmuth EV, Januszyk K, Lima CD. Structure of an Rrp6-RNA exosome complex bound to poly(A) RNA. Nature. 2014 July 24;511(7510):435-9. doi: 10.1038/nature13406
- Member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences (2017)
- Investigator, Howard Hughes Medical Institute (2013)
- Louise and Allston Boyer Young Investigator in Basic Research, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (2006)
- Scholar, Rita Allen Foundation (2003-2006)
- Mayor's Award for Excellence in Science and Technology, NYC Department of Cultural Affairs and New York Academy of Sciences (2003)
Read more Read less
- Young Investigator Award, Arnold and Mabel Beckman Foundation (1999-2002)