We are a basic research laboratory that studies the structural, biochemical, and functional basis for macromolecules involved in post-translational protein modification by ubiquitin and ubiquitin-like proteins such as SUMO, and pathways that contribute to co- and post-transcriptional RNA maturation, processing and decay.
Christopher D. Lima, PhD
Research FocusStructural biologist Christopher Lima studies the biology of post-translational protein modification and RNA processing.
EducationPhD, Northwestern University
- Streich FC Jr, Lima CD. Capturing a substrate in an activated RING E3/E2-SUMO complex. Nature. 2016 Aug 18;536(7616):304-8. doi: 10.1038/nature19071
- Wasmuth EV, Januszyk K, Lima CD. Structure of an Rrp6-RNA exosome complex bound to poly(A) RNA. Nature. 2014 July 24;511(7510):435-9. doi: 10.1038/nature13406
- Investigator, Howard Hughes Medical Institute (2013)
- Louise and Allston Boyer Young Investigator in Basic Research, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (2006)
- Scholar, Rita Allen Foundation (2003-2006)
- Mayor's Award for Excellence in Science and Technology, NYC Department of Cultural Affairs and New York Academy of Sciences (2003)
- Young Investigator Award, Arnold and Mabel Beckman Foundation (1999-2002)