We are a basic research laboratory that studies the structural, biochemical, and functional basis for macromolecules involved in post-translational protein modification by ubiquitin and ubiquitin-like proteins including SUMO, and pathways that contribute to co- and post-transcriptional RNA maturation, processing and decay.
Christopher D. Lima, PhD
Research FocusStructural biologist Christopher Lima studies the biology of post-translational protein modification and RNA processing.
EducationPhD, Northwestern University
- Wasmuth EV, Januszyk K, Lima CD. Structure of an Rrp6-RNA exosome complex bound to poly(A) RNA. Nature. 2014 July 24;511(7510):435-9. doi: 10.1038/nature13406
- Armstrong AA, Mohideen F, Lima CD. Recognition of SUMO-modified PCNA requires tandem receptor motifs in Srs2. Nature. 2012 Feb 29;483(7387):59-63. doi: 10.1038/nature10883.
- Investigator, Howard Hughes Medical Institute (2013)
- Louise and Allston Boyer Young Investigator in Basic Research, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (2006)
- Scholar, Rita Allen Foundation (2003-2006)
- Mayor's Award for Excellence in Science and Technology, NYC Department of Cultural Affairs and New York Academy of Sciences (2003)
- Young Investigator Award, Arnold and Mabel Beckman Foundation (1999-2002)