Prasad Jallepalli, MD, PhD
Research FocusMolecular biologist Prasad Jallepalli studies the mechanisms that ensure accurate chromosome transmission in human cells.
EducationMD, PhD, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- M.E. Burkard, C.L. Randall, S. Larochelle, C. Zhang, K.M. Shokat, R.P. Fisher, and P.V. Jallepalli. Chemical genetics reveals the requirement for Polo-like kinase 1 activity in positioning RhoA and triggering cytokinesis in human cells. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 104, 4383-4388 (2007).
- M.E. Burkard, J. Maciejowski, V. Rodriguez-Bravo, M. Repka, D.M. Lowery, K.R. Clauser, C. Zhang, K.M. Shokat, S.A. Carr, M.B. Yaffe, and P.V. Jallepalli. Plk1 self-organization and priming phosphorylation of HsCYK-4 at the spindle midzone regulate the onset of division in human cells. PLoS Biol. 7, e1000111 (2009).
- Phi Beta Kappa, Harvard University (1992)
- M.D./Ph.D. Fellow, Medical Scientist Training Program, Johns Hopkins University (1992-1999)
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Damon Runyon Cancer Foundation (1999-2002)
- Scholar, V Foundation for Cancer Research (2003)
- Frederick R. Adler Chair for Junior Faculty (2003-2007)
Read more Read less
- Pew Scholar in the Biomedical Sciences (2003-2007)
- Louise & Allston Boyer Young Investigator Award (2008)
- Research Scholar, American Cancer Society (2008-2011)