Our laboratory uses a combination of cryo-electron microscopy, x-ray crystallography, and functional approaches to study the mechanisms of eukaryotic ion channels involved in calcium signaling and membrane-embedded enzymes.
Stephen B. Long, PhD
Research FocusStructural biologist Stephen Long studies the mechanisms of ion channels and enzymatic membrane proteins.
- BA, Physics, Amherst College, 1994
- PhD, Biochemistry, Duke University, 2001
- Postdoc, Rockefeller University, 2007
- George Vaisey, Alexandria Miller, Stephen B. Long. Distinct regions that control ion selectivity and calcium-dependent activation in the bestrophin ion channel. PNAS. doi: 10.1073/pnas.1614688113. Published online November 7 2016. (Abstract | Atomic Coordinates)
- Veronica K. Dickson, Leanne Pedi, Stephen B. Long. Structure and insights into the function of a Ca2+-activated Cl− channel. Nature. 2014 Dec 11;516(7530):213-8. Published online 22 October 2014. (Abstract | Atomic Coordinates)
- Louise and Allston Boyer Young Investigator in Basic Research, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (2016)
- Burroughs Wellcome Career Award in the Biomedical Sciences (2006-2014)