At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
As a Research Technician you will perform research activities in collaboration with internal/external personnel to complete science-based projects. You will normally receive detailed instructions while making observations, analyzing data and interpreting results according to laboratory procedures. The Research Technician will provide support to all technical/research staff and postdocs.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments with a keen eye for detail
- Intellectually curious and eager to tackle new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and passion
- Prepare laboratory equipment, instruments, solutions, stains, assays and other supplies
- Work may involve culture and/or cell separation methods; electrophoretic separations: assays (e.g., RIA, TIA, ELISA); basic biology or other specialized science techniques.
- Operate lab equipment.
- May be involved in animal handling requiring injection of animals, collection/harvesting of tissues, fluids; animal autopsies in order to make chemical identification and conduct analyses.
- Provides assistance with other ongoing research for peers and research personnel
- Performs vital analysis and calculations, records data and writes reports on research findings.
- Produces reports comprising of the requested statistics for the study
- Responsible for purchasing equipment and materials for the laboratory.
- Bachelor’s degree with a STEM major (Biology, Chemistry)
- Relevant laboratory experience
Competitive compensation packages | Sick Time |Generous Vacation+ 12 holidays to recharge & refuel| Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care|403b Retirement Savings Plan Match|Tuition Reimbursement |Parental Leave & Adoption Assistance |Commuter Spending Account |Fitness Discounts &Wellness Program | Resource Networks| Life Insurance & Disability | Remote Flexibility
We believe in communication, openness, and thinking beyond your 8-hour day @ MSK. It’s important to us that you have a sense of impact, community, and work/life balance to be and feel your best.
Our Hiring Process
You review the posting, agree it sounds like a great fit & apply ->Talent Acquisition contacts you to schedule a phone interview (if your profile aligns) -> after speaking with the Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will connect with the Hiring Manager by phone or video -> if your experience is a fit, you will move forward to a video call or on-site visit with the team -> post-interview feedback->ideally an offer! ->reference check & onboarding-> orientation & official welcome to MSK.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.’