Philipp Niethammer, PhD
Research FocusCell biologist Philipp Niethammer investigates tissue damage responses with advanced imaging approaches in zebrafish.
EducationPhD, European Molecular Biology Laboratories & Hamburg University, Germany
- Huang C, Niethammer P. Tissue Damage Signaling Is a Prerequisite for Protective Neutrophil Recruitment to Microbial Infection in Zebrafish. Immunity. 2018 May 15;48(5):1006-1013.e6.
- Jelcic M, Enyedi B, Xavier JB, Niethammer P. Image-Based Measurement of H2O2 Reaction-Diffusion in Wounded Zebrafish Larvae. Biophys J. 2017 May 9;112(9):2011–2018. PMCID: PMC5425381
- Dorsett L. Spurgeon Distinguished Research Award (2009)
- Louis Gerstner Young Investigator (2012)
- American Asthma Foundation Scholar (2014)
- Louise and Allston Boyer Young Investigator Award (2018)