The lab focuses on Pre-Regenerative Biology, which comprises the mechanisms by which tissues detect wounds to initiate healing, inflammation, regeneration, and cancer. We address these mechanisms by quantitative imaging in various model systems including live zebrafish.
Philipp Niethammer, PhD
Research FocusCell biologist Philipp Niethammer investigates tissue damage responses with advanced imaging approaches in zebrafish.
EducationPhD, European Molecular Biology Laboratories & Hamburg University, Germany
- Huang C, Niethammer P. Tissue Damage Signaling Is a Prerequisite for Protective Neutrophil Recruitment to Microbial Infection in Zebrafish. Immunity. 2018 May 15;48(5):1006-1013.e6.
- Jelcic M, Enyedi B, Xavier JB, Niethammer P. Image-Based Measurement of H2O2 Reaction-Diffusion in Wounded Zebrafish Larvae. Biophys J. 2017 May 9;112(9):2011–2018. PMCID: PMC5425381
- Dorsett L. Spurgeon Distinguished Research Award (2009)
- Louis Gerstner Young Investigator (2012)
- American Asthma Foundation Scholar (2014)
- Louise and Allston Boyer Young Investigator Award (2018)