Stephen B. Long, PhD
Research FocusThe Long laboratory studies ion channels and enzymatic membrane proteins.
- BA, Physics, Amherst College, 1994
- PhD, Biochemistry, Duke University, 2001
- Postdoc, Rockefeller University, 2007
- Miller, A. N.*, Vaisey, G.*, & Long, S. B. (2019). Molecular mechanisms of gating in the calcium-activated chloride channel bestrophin. eLife (Abstract | open state Cryo-EM map | Atomic Coordinates). *A. N. Miller and G. Vaisey are co-first authors.
- Vaisey, G., & Long, S. B. (2018). An allosteric mechanism of inactivation in the calcium-dependent chloride channel BEST1. The Journal of General Physiology, jgp.201812190. (Abstract)
- Louise and Allston Boyer Young Investigator in Basic Research, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (2016)
- Burroughs Wellcome Career Award in the Biomedical Sciences (2006-2014)