The Michel Sadelain Lab
Cabriolu A, Odak A, Zamparo L, Yuan H, Leslie CS, and Michel Sadelain. Globin vector regulatory elements are active in early hematopoietic progenitor cells. Molecular Therapy. March 2, 2022. [PMID: 35247584]
Mansilla-Soto J, Eyquem J, Haubner S, Hamieh M, Feucht J, Paillon N, Zucchetti AE, Li Z, Sjöstrand M, Lindenbergh PL, Saetersmoen M, Dobrin A, Maurin M, Iyer A, Garcia Angus A, Miele MM, Zhao Z, Giavridis T, van der Stegen SJC, Tamzalit F, Rivière I, Huse M, Hendrickson RC, Hivroz C, and Sadelain M. HLA-independent T cell receptors for targeting tumors with low antigen density. Nature Medicine. January 13, 2022. [PMID: 35027758]
Boulad F, Maggio A, Wang X, Moi P, Acuto S, Kogel F, Takpradit C, Prockop S, Mansilla-Soto J, Cabriolu A, Odak A, Qu J, Thummar K, Du F, Shen L, Raso S, Barone R, Di Maggio R, Pitrolo L, Giambona A, Mingoia M, Everett JK, Hokama P, Roche AM, Cantu VA, Adhikari H, Reddy S, Bouhassira E, Mohandas N, Bushman FD, Rivière I and Sadelain M. Lentiviral globin gene therapy with reduced-intensity conditioning in adults with β-thalassemia: a phase 1 trial. Nature Medicine. January 3, 2022. [PMID: 34980909]
Hamieh M, Dobrin A, Cabriolu A, van der Stegen SJC, Giavridis T, Mansilla-Soto J, Eyquem J, Zhao Z, Whitlock BM, Miele MM, Li Z, Cunanan KM, Huse M, Hendrickson RC, Wang X, Rivière I, Sadelain M. CAR T cell trogocytosis and cooperative killing regulate tumour antigen escape. Nature. 2019 Apr;568(7750):112-116. [PMID: 30918399]
Michel Sadelain, MD, PhD
Stephen and Barbara Friedman Chair; Director, Center for Cell Engineering
- Immunologist Michel Sadelain studies the mechanisms governing transgene expression, stem cell engineering, and genetic strategies to enhance immunity against cancer.
- MD, University of Paris
- PhD, University of Alberta
- Recipient of the American Society of Gene & Cell Therapy Outstanding Achievement Award (2021)
- Inserm International Prize, Paris, France (2019)
- Jacob and Louise Gabbay Award in Biotechnology and Medicine (2019)
- Pasteur Weizmann/Servier Prize at the Academy of Sciences in Paris (2018)
- Cited in Science magazine "Breakthrough of the Year: Cancer Immunology” (2013)
- Sultan Bin Khalifa International Thalassemia Awards (SITA) International Award for Innovative Medical Research on Thalassemia (2013)
- Elected to Vice President of the American Society for Gene and Cell Therapy (Vice President 2013, President Elect 2014, President 2015)
- Antonio Cao Award for Research in Thalassemia or Hemoglobinopathies, Palermo, Italy (2013)
- Recipient of the Coley Award of the Cancer Research Institute for Distinguished Research in Tumor Immunology (shared with Carl June, University of Pennsylvania) (2012)
- Member, Grant Review Committee and Strategic Committee, CIRM (2011)
- Incumbent of the Stephen and Barbara Friedman Chair (2007)
- V Foundation Award in Honor of Mayor Rudolph Guliani (2005)
Get in Touch
Doctors and faculty members often work with pharmaceutical, device, biotechnology, and life sciences companies, and other organizations outside of MSK, to find safe and effective cancer treatments, to improve patient care, and to educate the health care community.
MSK requires doctors and faculty members to report (“disclose”) the relationships and financial interests they have with external entities. As a commitment to transparency with our community, we make that information available to the public.
Michel Sadelain discloses the following relationships and financial interests:
Intellectual Property Rights; Ownership / Equity Interests; Provision of Services (uncompensated)
NHLBI Gene Therapy Resource Program
Provision of Services (uncompensated)
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
Provision of Services
Intellectual Property Rights; Provision of Services
Y-mAbs Therapeutics, Inc.
Intellectual Property Rights
The information published here is for a specific annual disclosure period. There may be differences between information on this and other public sites as a result of different reporting periods and/or the various ways relationships and financial interests are categorized by organizations that publish such data.
This page and data include information for a specific MSK annual disclosure period (January 1, 2020 through disclosure submission in spring 2021). This data reflects interests that may or may not still exist. This data is updated annually.