Michel Sadelain, MD, PhD
Director, Center for Cell Engineering
Research FocusImmunologist Michel Sadelain studies the mechanisms governing transgene expression, stem cell engineering, and genetic strategies to enhance immunity against cancer.
- MD, University of Paris
- PhD, University of Alberta
- Davila ML, Riviere I, Wang X, Bartido S, Park J, Curran K, Chung SC, Stefanski J, Borquez-Ojeda O, Olszewska M, Qu J, Wasielewska T, He W, Fink M, Shinglot H, Youssif M, Satter M, Wang Y, Hosey J, Quintanilla H, Halton E, Bernal Y, Bouhassira DCG, Arcila ME, Gonen M, Roboz GJ, Maslak P, Douer D, Frattini MG, Giralt S, Sadelain M, Brentjens R. Efficacy and Toxicity Management of 19-28z CAR T Cell Therapy in B Cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. Sci Transl Med 19 February 2014. Vol. 6, Issue 224, p. 224ra25. DOI: 10.1126/scitranslmed.3008226.
- Fedorov VD, Themeli M, Sadelain M. PD-1- and CTLA-4-Based Inhibitory Chimeric Antigen Receptors (iCARs) Divert Off-Target Immunotherapy Responses. Sci Transl Med. 2013 Dec 11;5(215):215ra172. doi: 10.1126/scitranslmed.3006597.
- Inserm International Prize, Paris, France (2019)
- Jacob and Louise Gabbay Award in Biotechnology and Medicine (2019)
- Pasteur Weizmann/Servier Prize at the Academy of Sciences in Paris (2018)
- Cited in Science magazine "Breakthrough of the Year: Cancer Immunology” (2013)
- Sultan Bin Khalifa International Thalassemia Awards (SITA) International Award for Innovative Medical Research on Thalassemia (2013)
- Elected to Vice President of the American Society for Gene and Cell Therapy (Vice President 2013, President Elect 2014, President 2015)
- Antonio Cao Award for Research in Thalassemia or Hemoglobinopathies, Palermo, Italy (2013)
- Recipient of the Coley Award of the Cancer Research Institute for Distinguished Research in Tumor Immunology (shared with Carl June, University of Pennsylvania) (2012)
- Member, Grant Review Committee and Strategic Committee, CIRM (2011)
- Incumbent of the Stephen and Barbara Friedman Chair (2007)
- V Foundation Award in Honor of Mayor Rudolph Guliani (2005)