Michel Sadelain, MD, PhD
Stephen and Barbara Friedman Chair; Director, Center for Cell Engineering
Research FocusImmunologist Michel Sadelain studies the mechanisms governing transgene expression, stem cell engineering, and genetic strategies to enhance immunity against cancer.
- MD, University of Paris
- PhD, University of Alberta
- Amor, C., Feucht, J., Leibold, J. et al. Senolytic CAR T cells reverse senescence-associated pathologies. Nature. 2020 Jul;583(7814):127-132.
- Hamieh M, Dobrin A, Cabriolu A, van der Stegen SJC, Giavridis T, Mansilla-Soto J, Eyquem J, Zhao Z, Whitlock BM, Miele MM, Li Z, Cunanan KM, Huse M, Hendrickson RC, Wang X, Rivière I, Sadelain M. CAR T cell trogocytosis and cooperative killing regulate tumour antigen escape. Nature. 2019 Apr;568(7750):112-116.
- Inserm International Prize, Paris, France (2019)
- Jacob and Louise Gabbay Award in Biotechnology and Medicine (2019)
- Pasteur Weizmann/Servier Prize at the Academy of Sciences in Paris (2018)
- Cited in Science magazine "Breakthrough of the Year: Cancer Immunology” (2013)
- Sultan Bin Khalifa International Thalassemia Awards (SITA) International Award for Innovative Medical Research on Thalassemia (2013)
- Elected to Vice President of the American Society for Gene and Cell Therapy (Vice President 2013, President Elect 2014, President 2015)
- Antonio Cao Award for Research in Thalassemia or Hemoglobinopathies, Palermo, Italy (2013)
- Recipient of the Coley Award of the Cancer Research Institute for Distinguished Research in Tumor Immunology (shared with Carl June, University of Pennsylvania) (2012)
- Member, Grant Review Committee and Strategic Committee, CIRM (2011)
- Incumbent of the Stephen and Barbara Friedman Chair (2007)
- V Foundation Award in Honor of Mayor Rudolph Guliani (2005)