The Tan Laboratory welcomes graduate students interested in research in diversity-oriented synthesis and rational drug design from the following chemical biology graduate programs:
- Tri-Institutional Training Program in Chemical Biology
- Tri-Institutional MD-PhD Program
- Gerstner Sloan Kettering Graduate Program
- Cornell-Weill Medical College Pharmacology Program
- Cornell University Graduate Program in Chemistry
- Rockefeller University Graduate Program
Students interested in laboratory rotations should contact Dr. Tan via email at email@example.com
Postdoctoral candidates with experience in organic synthesis and interests in diversity-oriented synthesis and rational drug design research should send an application packet, including all of the following:
- Cover letter indicating current and future research interests
- Expected availability date
- Curriculum vitae
- Brief summary of previous research experience (2–5 pages)
- Reprints of selected publications
- Names and contact information for 3 references
Applications should be sent as a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your email address as receipt of applications will be confirmed via email.
Hard copy applications are not accepted.
The Tan Laboratory is open to undergraduates in the Sloan Kettering Summer Undergraduate Research Program interested in organic chemistry and chemical biology research, particularly diversity-oriented synthesis and rational drug design. Prior completion of sophomore organic chemistry, including a lab, is required. Applications should be sent directly to the program through its website by February 1st each year.
High School Students
We appreciate your excitement about science and your interest in our lab! Unfortunately, due to the advanced level of training required to conduct chemical research, we cannot accommodate high school students.