The Tan Laboratory welcomes graduate students interested in organic chemistry and chemical biology research, particularly diversity-oriented synthesis and rational drug design, via the following graduate programs:
- Tri-Institutional PhD Program in Chemical Biology (TPCB)
- Tri-Institutional MD-PhD Program
- Weill Cornell Medical College Pharmacology Program
- Gerstner Sloan Kettering Graduate Program
- Rockefeller University Graduate Program
Students interested in laboratory rotations should contact Dr. Tan via email at [email protected].
Postdoctoral candidates with experience in organic synthesis and interests in diversity-oriented synthesis and rational drug design research should send an application packet that includes all of the following materials:
- Cover letter indicating current and future research interests
- Expected availability date
- Curriculum vitae
- Brief summary of previous research experience (2–5 pages)
- Reprints of selected publications
- Names and contact information for 3 references
Applications should be sent as a single PDF file to [email protected]. Please include your email address as receipt of applications will be confirmed via email.
Hard copy applications are not accepted.
The Tan Laboratory is open to undergraduates who are interested in organic chemistry and chemical biology research, particularly diversity-oriented synthesis and rational drug design, via the following summer research programs:
Prior completion of sophomore organic chemistry, including a lab, is required. Applications should be sent directly to the programs through their websites by February 1st each year.
High School Students
We appreciate your excitement about science and your interest in our lab! Unfortunately, due to the advanced level of training required to conduct chemical research, we cannot accommodate high school students.