My research group develops nanomaterials to target drugs to metastatic tumors and to detect cancer at early stages. We are an interdisciplinary laboratory that invents new technologies and applies them to address clinical and scientific problems.
Daniel A. Heller, PhD
Research FocusChemist Daniel Heller focuses on biomaterials and nanoscale engineering for molecular sensors and targeted therapeutics.
EducationPhD, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- JD Harvey, PV Jena, HA Baker, GH Zerze, RM Williams, TV Galassi, D Roxbury, J Mittal, DA Heller: “A Carbon Nanotube Reporter of miRNA Hybridization Events In Vivo.” Nature Biomedical Engineering 1 (2017) 0041.
- Yosef Shamay, Moshe Elkabets, Hongyan Li, Janki Shah, Samuel Brook, Feng Weng, Keren Adler, Emily Baut, Maurizio Scaltriti, Prakrit V. Jena, Eric E. Gardner, John T. Poirier, Charles M. Rudin, Jose Baselga, Adriana Haimovitz-Friedman, Daniel A. Heller: ”P-selectin is a nanotherapeutic delivery target in the tumor microenvironment.” June 29, 2016 8 345ra87
- NIH Director’s New Innovator Award (2012)
- Damon Runyon Cancer Research Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowship (2010)
- Beckman Institute Graduate Fellowship (2006)