This course will be delivered as a live virtual experience. By registering for the virtual course, you will be able to view presentations, hear live audio, and interact online.
Nursing continuing professional development (NCPD) and certificate will be available after a post-course evaluation is complete.
This live virtual course will be fully web-based, you will need a computer/laptop or tablet with a video camera (built-in or external) and an internet connection.
Access details and program will be emailed to all attendees before the course.
This two (2) day comprehensive course will provide a targeted review of oncology topics intended to improve oncology knowledge and test-taking skills. This course is offered to MSK nurses preparing for the Oncology Certification Exam. Participants will receive an e-link to the presentation slides following the Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation’s OCN® exam blueprint.
- Participants will understand the process for coordination of health and wellness as it relates to cancer diseases.
- Participants will demonstrate understanding of the long-term management of a cancer patient.
- Participants will understand and describe the scientific basis of cancer, including site specific considerations.
- Participants will be able to distinguish treatment modalities available to care for cancer diseases.
- Participants will verbalize test taking strategies
- Participants will demonstrate understanding by summarizing facts and ideas related to cancer diseases.
- Participants will demonstrate understanding by successful completion of an exam related to symptoms and clinical diagnosis of oncologic emergencies.
- Participants will summarize psychosocial needs of a cancer patient.
- Participants will choose and select appropriate responses to exam questions.
All RN’s or APPs
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center–Nursing Professional Development /Continuing Education is accredited with distinction as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
13.5 contact hours will be awarded to participants who attend the entire program and complete a program evaluation. No partial credit will be awarded.