Clinical trials are research studies that test new treatments to see how well they work. At MSK, we’re running one of the largest clinical trials programs for cancer in the country. Patients who choose to participate in a trial at MSK receive the most advanced cancer treatment available, sometimes years before it’s offered anywhere else.
Memorial Sloan Kettering offers language assistance services for those who prefer to receive health information in another language. Learn more about our language assistance program here.
Before you decide whether a clinical trial is right for you, make sure you know the facts.
- Almost every cancer treatment offered to patients today has come about because of a clinical trial.
- The goals of individual trials vary. They range from looking at new, potentially curative therapies to ones with fewer side effects.
- Patients who enroll in a clinical trial at MSK receive their treatment from a compassionate and experienced staff recognized for their focus on patient safety and care.
- There are no additional out-of-pocket costs to patients for treatments being studied as part of a trial.
- The vast majority of trials do not use a placebo. For trials that do, patients will be fully informed before they begin the trial.
- We encourage our patients to consider participating in a clinical trial from the very start of their care.
Patients who enroll in a clinical trial at any of MSK’s locations will receive the most advanced treatments anywhere. We offer trials in: