Live Virtual Experience
July 21, 2022 | –
This course will provide the pediatric oncology nurse knowledge to deliver safe care to the patient receiving Naxitamab. An expert panel of speakers will discuss pathophysiology, administration, symptom management, and critical care support.
- Discuss the pathophysiology of antibody-based immunotherapy on a patient with neuroblastoma
- Review patient and caregiver education for the patient receiving Naxitamab
- Explain nursing preparation for Naxitamab administration
- Describe common side effects of Naxitamab and nursing interventions
- Explain the use of Ketamine in patients receiving Naxitamab
- Discuss supportive care resources such as Child Life and Multisensory Dance/Movement Therapy
- Recognize side effects of Naxitamab that involve critical care support
- Apply concepts learned to clinical case studies
Continuing Education Credit
The Association of Pediatric Hematology / Oncology Nurses (APHON is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by
the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Following course attendance and successful completion of an exam, participants receive an APHON pediatric chemotherapy and biotherapy provide card indicating they have met the requirements of the program. The course offers 3.3 CNE contact hours.