Enjoy the moist goodness of fresh banana bread in the convenient shape of a muffin. If you like your muffins sweeter, try adding chocolate chips.
8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, softened
¾ cup brown sugar
½ cup plain Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup mashed overripe banana
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with muffin cups or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream butter with brown sugar, yogurt, eggs, and vanilla. Whisk in banana.
- In a separate bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and salt.
- Mix together the wet and dry ingredients in a large bowl until combined.
- Divide batter evenly into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.