This stir fry is so easy to make. You can substitute in other proteins. For more flavor, marinate your chicken in pineapple juice overnight.
⅓ cup brown rice
1 cup water
1½ tablespoons olive oil
1 3-ounce chicken breast, cut into strips
1 cup broccoli florets
½ cup onion, sliced
½ cup yellow pepper, cut into strips
½ cup carrots, cut into strips
- Add rice and water to a small pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce temperature to medium-low, cover, and simmer until liquid is completely absorbed and rice is tender, about 40 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and let sit for 10 minutes, then uncover and fluff rice with a fork.
- In a frying pan, heat ¾ tablespoon olive oil.
- Add chicken and heat until cooked or reaches 165 degrees with a meat thermometer.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to pan.
- Add vegetables. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Return chicken to pan and heat for 2 more minutes, or 4 minutes if you prefer softer vegetables.
- Serve immediately.