Cold liquids are a good choice when you’re feeling nauseous or your mouth is sore. And the flavors in this soup are mild enough that people who are following a bland diet can enjoy them.
- Sprinkle garlic with salt. Using the blade of your knife, scrape garlic and salt together on your cutting board to form a paste.
- Combine the garlic paste with remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Working in batches, puree ingredients in a blender until very smooth.
- Store soup in refrigerator until well chilled, at least 2 hours.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Garnish with chives or cucumber.