This grilled chicken entrée makes for a heart-healthy dinner packed with delicious flavor. The fresh ginger may also help calm your stomach when your digestion is off.
4 4-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon peanut oil
1 ¼ cup scallions, thinly sliced
1 ½ tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and grated
3 tablespoons sweet sherry
3 tablespoons low-sodium chicken stock
½ tablespoon oyster sauce
2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- Pat chicken breasts dry and sprinkle with pepper.
- Lightly coat a grill pan with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan and grill 5-6 minutes on each side.
- While chicken is cooking, heat peanut oil in a separate skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 cup scallions and the ginger. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add sherry, stock, and oyster sauce to ginger and scallions and cook for another minute.
- Stir in rice vinegar and heat through.
- Pour sauce over chicken and serve warm. Garnish with remaining scallions.