The next time you’re craving potato chips reach for this addictive snack instead. The key is to make sure that the chickpeas are thoroughly dried before you pop them in the oven. The chickpeas should look dull in appearance after you blot them with paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, use a small whisk to combine cumin, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, black pepper, and cayenne. Add oil and whisk to combine.
- Place a double layer of paper towels on a work surface. Rinse chickpeas in a colander. Shake well, then spread chickpeas evenly across paper towels. Blot chickpeas using a clean paper towel. Repeat as needed, until chickpeas are thoroughly dry.
- Add chickpeas to spice mixture and, using your fingers, gently mix and massage until they are evenly coated.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread chickpeas evenly across pan.
- Bake, rotating sheet every 8 minutes, until chickpeas are firm, 24 to 32 minutes.
- Remove sheet from oven and allow chickpeas to cool. Serve immediately or transfer to an airtight container. Chickpeas can be stored up to 3 days in the refrigerator.