Human Oncology & Pathogenesis Program
The Andrew Intlekofer Lab
Andrew Intlekofer is an Assistant Member in the Human Oncology and Pathogenesis Program and an Attending Physician on the Lymphoma Service in the Department of Medicine. Dr. Intlekofer’s research investigates how deregulated metabolic pathways contribute to cancer development and how metabolic enzymes can be targeted for cancer treatment.
Harding JJ, Lowery MA, Shih AH, Schvartzman JM, Hou S, Famulare C, Patel M, Roshal M, Do RK, Zehir A, You D, Selcuklu SD, Viale A, Tallman MS, Hyman DM, Reznik E, Finley LWS, Papaemmanuil E, Tosolini A, Frattini MG, MacBeth KJ, Liu G, Fan B, Choe S, Wu B, Janjigian YY, Mellinghoff IK, Diaz LA, Levine RL, Abou-Alfa GK, Stein EM, Intlekofer AM. Isoform switching as a mechanism of acquired resistance to mutant isocitrate dehydrogenase inhibition. Cancer Discovery. 2018 Dec;8(12):1540-1547. doi: 10.1158/2159-8290.CD-18-0877.
Intlekofer AM, Shih AH, Wang B, Nazir A, Rustenburg AS, Albanese SK, Patel M, Famulare C, Correa FM, Takemoto N, Durani V, Liu H, Taylor J, Farnoud NR, Papaemmanuil E, Cross JR, Tallman MS, Arcila ME, Roshal M, Petsko GA, Wu B, Choe S, Konteatis ZD, Biller SA, Chodera JD, Thompson CB, Levine RL, Stein EM. Acquired resistance to IDH inhibition through trans or cis dimer-interface mutations. Nature. 2018 Jul;559(7712):125-129.
Intlekofer AM, Wang B, Liu H, Shah H, Carmona-Fontaine C, Rustenburg AS, Salah S, Gunner MR, Chodera JD, Cross JR, Thompson CB. L-2-hydroxyglutarate production arises from non-canonical enzyme function at acidic pH. Nature Chemical Biology. 2017 May;13(5):494-500. doi: 10.1038/nchembio.2307.
Andrew M. Intlekofer, MD, PhD
- Physician-scientist Andrew Intlekofer investigates why cancer cells depend on specific pathways of nutrient metabolism.
- MD, PhD, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, PA.
- View physician profile
- Physician profile
- Damon Runyon Clinical Investigator Award (2018)
- ASCI Young Physician-Scientist Award (2018)
- Burroughs Wellcome Fund Career Award for Medical Scientists (2016)
- NCI K08 Mentored Clinical Scientist Research Career Development Award (2016)
- Steven Greenberg Lymphoma Research Award (MSKCC) (2016)
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Special Fellow Award (2015)
- Conquer Cancer Foundation of ASCO Young Investigator Award (2014)
- Stuart Mudd Award for Excellence and Creativity in Microbiology (UPenn) (2009)
- Saul Winegrad Award for Outstanding Ph.D. Dissertation (UPenn) (2008)
- Balduin Lucke Prize for Research in Experimental Medicine and Biology (UPenn) (2006)
To learn more about available postdoctoral opportunities, please visit our Career Center
To learn more about compensation and benefits for postdoctoral researchers at MSK, please visit Resources for Postdocs
Doctors and faculty members often work with pharmaceutical, device, biotechnology, and life sciences companies, and other organizations outside of MSK, to find safe and effective cancer treatments, to improve patient care, and to educate the health care community.
MSK requires doctors and faculty members to report (“disclose”) the relationships and financial interests they have with external entities. As a commitment to transparency with our community, we make that information available to the public.
Andrew M. Intlekofer discloses the following relationships and financial interests:
No disclosures meeting criteria for time period
The information published here is for a specific annual disclosure period. There may be differences between information on this and other public sites as a result of different reporting periods and/or the various ways relationships and financial interests are categorized by organizations that publish such data.
This page and data include information for a specific MSK annual disclosure period (January 1, 2021 through disclosure submission in spring 2022). This data reflects interests that may or may not still exist. This data is updated annually.
Learn more about MSK’s COI policies here. For questions regarding MSK’s COI-related policies and procedures, email MSK’s Compliance Office at [email protected].