This information explains the Adolescent and Young Adult (AYA) Program at MSK.
About the AYA Program at MSK
We understand that being diagnosed with cancer or a blood disorder in your teens or early adulthood is very challenging. To help support you, MSK offers the AYA Program. This program meets the unique needs of young people, ages 15 to 39, throughout your cancer journey. Visit www.mskcc.org/aya for more information.
The AYA program works with your care team and specialty services to offer you extra support during your treatment.
Our dedicated staff can help you:
- Understand your treatment, options, or decisions.
- Deal with physical changes and side effects caused by cancer or its treatment.
- With concerns about talking to people about your experience or being treated differently by friends, family, and peers.
- Explore resources around financial or insurance issues related to medical treatment.
- With guidance on dating, relationships, building a family, and sexual health.
- With peer support and connection to others going through a similar experience.
- Learn to take care of your physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual health.
- Keep up with work or education goals and responsibilities.
- With support for caregivers and loved ones in your life.
Interested in learning more or scheduling an appointment? Your care team can refer you to the AYA Program at any time. You can also email us at [email protected] or call 646-608-8336.
A member of our team will reach out with more information. They will tell you about the program, learn about your experience, and see how we can best meet your needs.
Virtual Groups and Peer Connection
The AYA Program also offers opportunities to connect with peers through virtual groups, activities, and a private social media app.
The Lounge App: The Lounge app is a private, social media platform for MSK patients ages 18 to 39. It can help you:
- Connect with other patients around your age.
- Learn about or join events hosted by MSK or other partner organizations.
- Ask questions.
- Share and access resources.
You can download the Lounge at MSK app in the App Store or on Google Play. Email [email protected] for a passcode to join.
- Virtual Programs: Virtual Programs let you connect with your peers, chat, and enjoy activities together. Activities can include arts and crafts, comedy shows, yoga, trivia and game nights, workshops on topics important to young adults, and much more. For more information, visit www.mskcc.org/vp and search “young adult” in the keyword search.
You can access the AYA Program and its services at any time throughout your experience at MSK. It’s available to all AYA patients, no matter your type of cancer or treatment, or where you’re getting treatment within MSK.
For more information, read Support Resources for Adolescents and Young Adults (AYAs).