If you have any concerning symptoms while you recover at home after surgery, please start by reaching out to your MSK care team.
Your surgical team knows your care best. Some symptoms may be normal after a surgical procedure, and your care team can help you manage them. If your care team decides urgent care is needed, they may ask you to come to an MSK location. Or, they may recommend you get emergency care at a location closer to your home.
Here’s how to contact your surgical team:
- If you have concerning symptoms, the first step is to call your MSK surgeon. You can call your surgeon’s office between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. On weekends, or on weekdays before 9 a.m. or after 5 p.m., please call the main hospital at 212-639-2000. Ask to be put in touch with your surgical care team. Please do not send a message through the MyMSK patient portal about an urgent concern. If you are experiencing a true emergency, please call 911 right away.
- Based on your symptoms, your care team may ask you to come to the Urgent Care Center (UCC) at MSK or to a Symptomatic Care Clinic (SCC) at one of our regional locations near you.
- In some situations, getting care at another hospital is an option. MSK has relationships with many high-quality healthcare providers at hospitals in New Jersey, Westchester, and on Long Island. These are expert surgeons and other specialists that MSK doctors know, trust, and work with closely. Your care team will tell you if this is the best option for you.
- If your MSK care team directs you to a local healthcare provider, MSK will communicate with them about your arrival. When you arrive, please say you are an MSK patient.
- If you need to be admitted to the local hospital, your MSK care team will work with the hospital’s staff to coordinate your care.
- Your MSK doctor will get updates on your care and be in touch with the care team treating you.
- Your MSK team will support and guide your care. They will help coordinate any next steps in your care plan when you leave the hospital.
Your health is always our most important priority. Whether you are getting care at MSK or from one of our trusted local healthcare providers, your MSK team is here for guidance and support when you need them.
MSK Symptomatic Care Clinics
Our Symptomatic Care Clinics (SCCs) are specialized treatment centers for MSK patients. If you’re worried about your symptoms after surgery, your MSK doctor may recommend you get care at an SCC close to home. Always call your doctor before going to an SCC for care, since appointments are required.
- MSK Commack Nonna’s Garden Foundation Center, 650 Commack Rd, Commack, NY 11725
- MSK Nassau, 1101 Hempstead Turnpike, Uniondale, NY 11553
- MSK Basking Ridge, 136 Mountainview Blvd, Basking Ridge, NJ 0792
- MSK Bergen, 225 Summit Ave, Montvale, NJ 07645
- MSK Monmouth, 480 Red Hill Rd, Middletown Township, NJ 07748
- MSK Westchester, 500 Westchester Ave, West Harrison, NY 10604
Healthcare Providers at Other Locations
MSK also has relationships with healthcare providers at the following locations. Please call your MSK care team before going to one of these hospitals. We need to evaluate your symptoms and let the hospital know you are coming. We can’t coordinate your care if you go to a hospital that’s not listed here.
- Stony Brook University Hospital, 101 Nicolls Rd., Stony Brook, NY 11794
- Good Samaritan Hospital Center, 1000 Montauk Hwy., West Islip, NY 11795
- Huntington Hospital, 270 Park Ave., Huntington, NY 11743
- Long Island Community Hospital, 101 Hospital Rd., Patchogue, NY 11772
- Mather Hospital, 75 N. Country Rd., Port Jefferson, NY 11777
- NYU Langone Hospital—Long Island, 279 1st St., Mineola, NY 11501
- Peconic Bay Medical Center, 1 Heroes Way, Riverhead, NY 11901
- South Shore University Hospital, 301 E. Main St., Bay Shore, NY 11706
- St. Catherine of Siena Medical Center, 50 NY-25A, Smithtown, NY 11787
- St. Charles Hospital, 200 Belle Terre Rd., Port Jefferson, NY 11777
- Long Island Jewish Medical Center (New Hyde Park), 270-05 76th Ave., New Hyde Park, NY 11040
- North Shore University Hospital (Manhasset), 300 Community Dr., Manhasset, NY 11030
- St. Francis Hospital, 100 Port Washington Blvd., Roslyn, NY 11576
- Hackensack University Medical Center, 30 Prospect Ave., Hackensack, NJ 07601
- Overlook Medical Center, 99 Beauvoir Ave., Summit, NJ 07901
- Riverview Medical Center, 1 Riverview Plaza, Red Bank, NJ 07701
- NewYork-Presbyterian Lawrence Hospital, 55 Palmer Ave., Bronxville, NY 10708
- White Plains Hospital, 41 E. Post Rd., White Plains, NY 10601