GoodSense Hydrogen Peroxide [OTC]; Perox-A-Mint [OTC]; Peroxyl Spot Treatment [OTC]
- It is used to prevent skin infections.
- It is used to help get rid of phlegm or mucus or help with a sore mouth.
- It is used to prevent mouth infections.
- If your child has been given this form of this drug, talk with the doctor for information about the benefits and risks. Talk with the doctor if you have questions or concerns about giving this drug to your child.
For all uses of this drug:
- If your child has an allergy to this drug or any part of this drug.
- If your child is allergic to any drugs like this one or any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell the doctor about the allergy and what signs your child had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
- If a large area needs to be treated.
- If your child has an animal bite, a deep puncture wound, or a very bad burn or cut.
- Tell all of your child’s health care providers that your child is taking this drug. This includes your child’s doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Do not have your child use longer than you have been told by your child’s doctor.
- This drug may cause harm if swallowed. If this drug is swallowed, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
If your child is pregnant or breast-feeding a baby:
- Talk with the doctor if your child is pregnant, becomes pregnant, or is breast-feeding a baby. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using this drug.
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Very bad irritation where this drug is used.
- Irritation where this drug is used.
For all uses of this drug:
- Do not shake.
- Hold away from face when opening.
- Keep out of your child’s eyes.
- Clean affected part before use. Make sure to dry well.
- Put on the affected part as you have been told.
- It may be covered with a bandage or dressing.
- Let skin dry first before covering with a bandage.
- Follow how to give this drug as you have been told by your child’s doctor or read the package insert.
- Do not let your child swallow this drug.
- Have your child swish it in the mouth as long as you were told and then spit out.
- Give this drug after meals and at bedtime or as you have been told by your child’s doctor.
- Give a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your child’s next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your child’s normal time.
- Do not give 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
- Store at room temperature.
- Keep lid tightly closed.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
- If your child’s symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your child’s doctor.
- Do not share your child’s drug with others and do not give anyone else’s drug to your child.
- Keep a list of all your child’s drugs (prescription, natural products, vitamins, OTC) with you. Give this list to your child’s doctor.
- Talk with your child’s doctor before giving your child any new drug, including prescription or OTC, natural products, or vitamins.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. If you have any questions about this drug, please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.