This log will help you keep track of how much you drink (your liquid intake), how much output you have from your ostomy (your ostomy output), and your urine (pee) color.
Keep track of how much you drink and how much output comes from your ostomy throughout the day. Write these values in the log at the end of this resource.
- Check the label of bottled drinks to find the number of milliliters (mL).
- Use the measuring pitcher or cup you got when you left the hospital to measure your ostomy output.
- For both intake and output, use milliliters (mL), not ounces (oz).
Also keep track of the color of your urine. This helps us know if you’re drinking enough. Write your urine color (such as “straw-colored” or “tea-colored”) in the “Ostomy Output” section of the log.
At the end of the day, add up your total liquid intake and total ostomy output. Call your healthcare provider if:
- Your total ostomy output is more than your total liquid intake for the day.
- Your ostomy output is more than 1000 mL.
Liquid Intake and Ostomy Output Log
Bring this log to all your appointments.
To view this log, click the links under “View and Print as PDF.”
|Liquid Intake||Ostomy Output|
|Time||Amount (mL)||Time||Amount (mL)||Urine color|
|Total for the day:||Total for the day:|