BenGay [OTC]; Icy Hot [OTC]; Precise [OTC]; Salonpas Arthritis Pain [OTC]; Salonpas Jet Spray [OTC]; Salonpas Massage Foam [OTC]; Salonpas Pain Relief Patch [OTC]; Thera-Gesic Plus [OTC]; Thera-Gesic [OTC]
- It is used to ease muscle and joint aches and pain.
- If you have an allergy to methyl salicylate, menthol, NSAIDS, salicylate, aspirin, or any other part of this drug.
- If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
- If your skin is damaged or has open wounds. Do not put on damaged skin or open wounds.
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take this drug. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Use care when putting on a large part of the skin or where there are open wounds. Talk with the doctor.
- This drug may cause harm if swallowed. If this drug is swallowed, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
- Do not give this drug to a child younger than 12 years old without first checking with the doctor.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using this drug while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Skin irritation.
- Do not take this drug by mouth. Use on your skin only. Keep out of your mouth, nose, and eyes (may burn).
- Wash your hands before and after use. Do not wash your hands after use if putting this on your hand.
- Put a thin layer on the affected skin and rub in gently.
- Put on clean, dry, healthy skin.
- Do not put on irritated skin.
- Do not use heat on the treated part.
- Do not put on right after a shower or bath.
- Do not bandage tightly.
- Shake well before use.
- If you use this drug on a regular basis, put on a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not put on 2 doses or extra doses.
- Many times this drug is used on an as needed basis. Do not use more often than told by the doctor.
- Store at room temperature.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to throw out unused drugs.
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else’s drugs.
- Keep a list of all your drugs (prescription, natural products, vitamins, OTC) with you. Give this list to your doctor.
- Talk with the doctor before starting any new drug, including prescription or OTC, natural products, or vitamins.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. If you have any questions about this drug, please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.