Do you feel stuck in your mind and stiff in your body? Join an MSK dance/movement therapist for a six-week series that offers a gentle body workout and allows you to move at your own pace. You will engage your mind, body, and spirit to create a space for stretching, strengthening, and dancing to help shift your mood and decrease stressful feelings. Each class will provide a warm-up, structured dance lesson incorporating a range of dance styles, and an opportunity for free expression of movement. Feel of sense of community and be part of a space to share your experiences and find support. Come rejuvenate your mind, body, and spirit!
This class is open to people who have been treated for cancer and their caregivers.
Jennifer Whitley, MS, BC-DMT, LCAT, CMA
Tuesday, October 3, 2023
to Eastern Time
This class is taught online through Zoom, a videoconference system.
What To Wear:
- Athletic or loose-fitting comfortable clothes
- Bare feet or sneakers. We do not recommend socks alone, as there may be a tendency to slip.
You Will Need:
- A space free of clutter to move freely
- Water to stay hydrated
- A computer with a high-speed Internet connection, or a tablet, such as an iPad, or a smartphone
- A webcam, speaker, and microphone. If you do not have a microphone and speaker, you can participate in the class by phone. You will receive the phone number once you register
- Google Chrome or Firefox as your internet browser
You Must Be Able To:
- Standing to move/dance is optional as dancing from a chair is also acceptable.