In this new series, you will learn Latin dance moves that engage your body, mind, and boost your confidence. Each class will focus on basic dance steps and sequences for a different Latin dance style, such as salsa, cha cha, bachata, merengue, and samba. Warm-ups will include rhythmic arm, hip, and leg work to strengthen, tone, and stretch muscles. You do not need a dance partner to participate. This class will be a fun way to move your body and be active during and after treatment.
This class is open to people who have been treated for cancer and their caregivers.
Jennifer Whitley, MS, BC-DMT, LCAT, CMA; MSK dance/movement therapist
Wednesday, May 17, 2023
You will need:
- A computer with a high-speed Internet connection, or a tablet, such as an iPad, or a smartphone
- A webcam, speaker, and microphone. If you do not have a microphone and speaker, you can participate in the class by phone. You will receive the phone number once you register.
- Google Chrome or Firefox as your browser
- A towel
- A bottle of water to stay hydrated
What to Wear:
- Comfortable clothing, you can easily move around in, such as leggings, sweatpants, and a tee-shirt.