This two (2) day comprehensive course will provide a targeted review of oncology topics intended to improve oncology knowledge and test-taking skills. This course is offered to MSK nurses preparing for the Oncology Certification Exam. Participants will receive an e-link to the presentation slides following the Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation’s OCN® exam blueprint.
- Participants will understand the process for coordination of health and wellness as it relates to cancer diseases.
- Participants will demonstrate understanding of the long-term management of a cancer patient.
- Participants will understand and describe the scientific basis of cancer, including site specific considerations.
- Participants will be able to distinguish treatment modalities available to care for cancer diseases.
- Participants will verbalize test taking strategies
- Participants will demonstrate understanding by summarizing facts and ideas related to cancer diseases.
- Participants will demonstrate understanding by successful completion of an exam related to symptoms and clinical diagnosis of oncologic emergencies.
- Participants will summarize psychosocial needs of a cancer patient.
- Participants will choose and select appropriate responses to exam questions.
All RN’s or APPs
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center–Nursing Professional Development /Continuing Education is accredited with distinction as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
13.5 contact hours will be awarded to participants who attend the entire program and complete a program evaluation. No partial credit will be awarded.