Ayurveda is an ancient healing system of India. Knowledge of Ayurveda helps us understand how we can maintain balance in body and mind by following the rhythms of nature. Discovering how Ayurveda views the relationship between the life energies of air, fire, and water and our unique body constitutions can help support health and wellbeing through proper choices in diet, lifestyle, exercise, and yoga practices. Yoga is a mind-body practice that is the sister science of Ayurveda. Yoga supports our balance and wellness through yoga postures, breathing practices, and meditation.
In this workshop, we will discuss the basic principles of Ayurveda. You will learn how to include Ayurvedic wisdom in your daily routine to live a well-balanced life. In addition, you will practice yoga postures, breathing practices, and meditations to support your unique body constitution.
This workshop is open to people who have been treated for cancer and their caregivers.
- Krupali Desai, MD (Ayurveda), MPH
- Tina Paul, MS, C-IAYT, E-RYT 500, certified Yoga 4 Cancer ™ – MSK Yoga Therapist
You Will Need:
- A yoga mat, exercise mat, or a large towel
- Two blankets
- Two yoga blocks, or thick books
- Water to stay hydrated
- A computer with a high-speed Internet connection, or a tablet, such as an iPad, or a smartphone
- A webcam, speaker, and microphone. If you do not have a microphone and speaker, you can participate in the class by phone. You will receive the phone number once you register
- Google Chrome or Firefox as your internet browser
What to Wear:
- Comfortable clothing so you can move easily
You Must Be Able To:
- Move from standing to lying down on the ground safely