The financial costs of fertility preservation and family building vary widely depending on the option you choose. Unfortunately, many of these are not covered by health insurance. However, select patients may be eligible for financial assistance through the resources listed below.
- The SAMFund
Annual grants for financial assistance for young adults; includes grants for family building
- Bonei Olam
For Orthodox Jewish couples
- InterNational Council on Infertility Information Dissemination (INCIID)
- The New York State Infertility Demonstration Project provides grants to subsidize medical costs based on income. Ask your fertility center whether they participate in this and, if so, whether you are eligible.
- Some banks and financing companies will loan money for family building.
- Some fertility centers, agencies, or lawyers may be willing to work out a payment plan with you. Some offer a sliding scale based on your income.
- Some patients have asked family or friends to organize fund-raising efforts in their community, house of worship, or workplace. You can even use the Internet to set up a personal fund-raising site, for example at GiveForward.