COVID-19 is continuing to make headlines around the world this year. Yet cancer will kill a larger number of people globally – 10 million every year. Patients with cancer are more vulnerable to contracting COVID-19, and have more than double the death rate from COVID-19 compared to patients without cancer.
Against that backdrop, Forbes China will hold the second “Forbes China Healthcare Summit” on August 28, 2021 (August 27, 2021 in the U.S.). The theme of the online summit will be “Advance the Global Fight Against Cancer and Achieve an International Moonshot in the Post-Pandemic Era.”
The event is being organized by Forbes China in strategic partnership with Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) in New York.
- Moira Forbes, Executive Vice President, Forbes Media
- Lisa DeAngelis, MD, Physician-in-Chief and Chief Medical Officer, MSK
- Hon. Kevin Rudd, President and CEO, Asia Society, 26th Prime Minister of Australia
- Richard Pazdur, MD, Director, Oncology Center of Excellence, FDA
- Wu Yi-Long, MD, Chairman, Chinese Thoracic Oncology Group
- Bob Li, MD, PhD, MPH, Physician Ambassador to China and Asia-Pacific, MSK
- Sir Murray Brennan, MD, Senior Vice President, International Programs, MSK
- Andrea Myers, MD, PhD, Global Program Head, Lung Cancer, Novartis
- John Oyler, Founder and CEO, BeiGene
- Joy Yan, MD, PhD, Chief Medical Officer, Ambrx
- Andrew Zhu, MD, PhD, Director, International Cancer Center, Jiahui International Hospital
- Kenneth Manotti, Senior Vice President and Chief Development Officer, MSK
- Tyler Jacks, PhD, President, Break Through Cancer
- Martin Murphy, DMedSc, PhD, Co-Founder, CEO Roundtable on Cancer and Shanghai TuoXin Health Promotion Center
- Yibing Shan, PhD, Managing Director, Antidote Health Foundation for Cure of Cancer
- Russell Flannery, Editor-at-Large, Forbes
Participants will discuss opportunities and challenges for collaboration in the global fight against cancer including patient care, research, regulatory policy, and philanthropy.
The event will begin at on Friday, August 27, ET in the U.S. and Saturday, August 28, in China. Register online here.