Experts from all specialties of breast cancer treatment will attend the 2017 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium from December 5 through 9. It is the largest annual meeting devoted solely to the discussion of breast cancer research and advances. The meeting will highlight emerging research and also tackle some of the larger issues facing patients and doctors who treat breast cancer.
Surgeons, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, and other experts from Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) will be taking part in multiple presentations, panels, and sessions throughout the meeting.
MSK experts will be available for on-site or phone interviews as needed on a variety of breast cancer topics, including:
- the clinical significance and history of and research behind dose-dense chemotherapy
- predicting the success of targeted therapy in tumors with HER2 mutations
- research into the use of prostate cancer drugs to treat breast cancer
- pathology and genomics of lobular breast carcinomas and their precursors
- manifestations and implications of subclonal alterations in metastatic breast cancer
- challenges in the surgical management of locoregional recurrence
Follow the meeting live on Twitter using the hashtag #SABCS17. For more information or to speak with an expert, contact email@example.com.