The laboratory of Dr. Jun J. Mao at the MSK Integrative Medicine Service is seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral research fellow to join a multi-disciplinary research team focused on personalized and patient-centered symptom management after cancer.
Our laboratory conducts several areas of research including:
- Epidemiology research to evaluate risk factors (e.g. clinical, psychological) and biomarkers (e.g. genetic, inflammatory) associated with the symptom burden of cancer treatment
- Clinical trials research to develop and test novel interventions that address common cancer symptoms (e.g. pain, insomnia, fatigue, and cognitive impairment)
- Dissemination and implementation research to determine optimal approaches to ensure research evidence is translated into community settings to improve patient outcomes.
This is a full-time position for an individual interested in an academic research career. The postdoctoral research fellow will actively participate in funded clinical trials and observational studies led by senior faculty so that the fellow gains expertise in all aspects of clinical research: protocol development, clinical trial management, data analyses, and medical writing (manuscripts and grants). The fellow will be encouraged to develop her or his own research focus while receiving structured mentorship and evaluation in research and career development. The fellow will also benefit from the exceptional research and clinical environment at MSK.
- Doctorate in psychology, nursing, epidemiology, public health or a related scientific field
- Prior experience conducting clinical or community-based research related to cancer survivorship and symptom control
- Background in epidemiology and biostatistics
- Strong work ethic and a commitment to an academic career
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in spoken and written English
- This is a one-year position. With mentor approval, it is renewable for up to two additional years.
- Salary and benefits are highly competitive. It is based on training and years of experience.
- Eligibility to apply for subsidized MSK Housing.
- Funds are available to support conference presentation and travel.
Interested candidates should email the following documents to apply:
- Cover letter describing professional experience, goals. research interest and expected availability date.
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Three signed letters of reference, including their contact information
Please email all application documents to: