What is the MSK Innovation Hub?
Memorial Sloan Kettering’s Innovation Hub connects MSK with external health technology companies to accelerate the development of digital technologies that will make an impact on the healthcare and quality of life of people with cancer. The program was launched in 2020 and accepts applicants on a rolling basis.
From startups to larger and more mature corporations, MSK Innovation Hub participants are selected through a process that identifies exceptionally promising healthcare projects, aligned with MSK’s strategic priorities in digital health, originating from non-competitive third parties.
MSK provides select projects with in-kind support through access to a real-world oncology research and clinical care environment, including all the physical, intellectual, and digital assets that this encompasses. Industry participants retain the lead on commercialization efforts. MSK support does not include financial resources.
Why Work with MSK?
- Leading Clinical Expertise: MSK is one of 51 National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Centers, with state-of-the-art science and technology supporting groundbreaking clinical studies, personalized treatment, and compassionate care for our patients. These bring invaluable benefits to industry participants in our program.
- Unique Resources for selected projects may include product development resources, and access to technology and other institutional assets, including de-identified data, within a clinical care environment.
- Exceptional access to leading MSK clinicians, scientists, digital health, and technology professionals.
- Regulatory expertise: Our teams work extensively with the FDA and our record is impressive, including 12 FDA-approved products. If appropriate, our teams will bring this expertise to bear on relevant projects.
We are interested in establishing collaborations and alliances with innovative, digitally focused companies that can have a tangible impact on treatment or management of cancer.
- Digital Therapeutics: Digital products which deliver evidence-based therapeutic interventions to prevent, manage, or treat a medical disorder or disease.
- Computational Oncology: AI / ML technologies to elucidate tumor growth pathways, tumor biology, bioinformatics, and/ortumor marker profiles, and develop predictive models (including digital twins) based on this information.
- Drug development and discovery: AI solutions which can be used to develop and discover novel therapies for cancer.
- Remote Patient Monitoring (RPM) & Electronic Patient Reported Outcomes (ePRO): Technologies that enable patient monitoring involving managing, evaluating, notifying, intervening, and modifying the treatment plan as needed based on electronic patient reported outcome (ePRO) data.
- Population Insights: Solutions that enable screening of patients, risk stratification, and high-risk surveillance and monitoring (HRSM) with a focus on early detection and diagnosis.
- Clinical Trials: Clinical trial matching, RPM solutions designed for clinical research that are complementary to or can integrate with MSK’s patient portal (MyMSK), technology that leverages real world evidence (RWE) for applications including synthetic trial arms.
To Learn More or Begin Application Process
Rick Peng, Business Development and Licensing Manager, Office of Technology Development, MSK
Contact: [email protected]