Dr. Yagi’s digital pathology laboratory at the Josie Robertson Surgical Center will provide an incubator to explore and evaluate new technology to advance digital pathology in a clinical setting and actively engage vendors to help improve the technology and develop clinical applicability. Collaborations with clinical departments (e.g., Surgery), Radiology, Medical Physics, and Informatics groups will enhance the assessment and create opportunities for multidisciplinary applications.
Research FocusDigital pathology scientist Yukako Yagi, PhD studies the development and validation of technologies in digital imaging.
EducationPhD, Tokyo Medical University, Japan
- Bautista P, Abe T, Yamaguchi M, Yagi Y, Ohyama N. Digital Staining of Multispectral Images of Pathological Tissue Specimens Based on Combined Classification of Spectral Transmittance. Computerized Medical Imaging and Graphics. 2005; Dec 29 (8):649-657
- Fu X, Lennerz J, Onozato M, Iafrate A, Yagi Y, Evaluation of a Confocal WSI Scanner for FISH Slide Imaging and Image Analysis, The Diagnostic Pathology Journal. 2017; 3:249ISSN 2364-4893
- Distinguished Service Medal (Nikon) - 1994
- Natural Vision Project, Japanese Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications, Fellowship awarded, but not accepted - 2000
- Advanced Pathology Informatics, Imaging and the Internet (APIII), Honourable Mention – Electronic poster - 2000
- Japan Telepathology, Virtual Microscopy Association, Distinguished Service Medal in Digital Pathology - 2011