Memorial Hospital Research Laboratories
The Yukako Yagi Lab
Dr. Yagi’s digital pathology laboratory at the Josie Robertson Surgical Center will provide an incubator to explore and evaluate new technology to advance digital pathology in a clinical setting and actively engage vendors to help improve the technology and develop clinical applicability. Collaborations with clinical departments (e.g., Surgery), Radiology, Medical Physics, and Informatics groups will enhance the assessment and create opportunities for multidisciplinary applications.
Bautista P, Abe T, Yamaguchi M, Yagi Y, Ohyama N. Digital Staining of Multispectral Images of Pathological Tissue Specimens Based on Combined Classification of Spectral Transmittance. Computerized Medical Imaging and Graphics. 2005; Dec 29 (8):649-657
Fu X, Lennerz J, Onozato M, Iafrate A, Yagi Y, Evaluation of a Confocal WSI Scanner for FISH Slide Imaging and Image Analysis, The Diagnostic Pathology Journal. 2017; 3:249ISSN 2364-4893
- Digital pathology scientist Yukako Yagi, PhD studies the development and validation of technologies in digital imaging.
- PhD, Tokyo Medical University, Japan
- Distinguished Service Medal (Nikon) - 1994
- Natural Vision Project, Japanese Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications, Fellowship awarded, but not accepted - 2000
- Advanced Pathology Informatics, Imaging and the Internet (APIII), Honourable Mention – Electronic poster - 2000
- Japan Telepathology, Virtual Microscopy Association, Distinguished Service Medal in Digital Pathology - 2011
To learn more about available postdoctoral opportunities, please visit our Career Center