This Asian American, Native Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander (AANHPI) Heritage Month, we honor the rich cultural heritage of the diverse communities and recognize the important contributions made by so many of our colleagues. We also reaffirm our commitment to creating long-term change at MSK and beyond. We want MSK to be a place where our differences are celebrated, valued, and embraced.
How can we be better allies?
Each of us plays an important role in creating a more inclusive culture in the communities in which we live and work.
- Reach out to your AANHPI friends and colleagues to offer your support
- Learn more about building stronger relationships and reducing microaggressions in the workplace
- Use whatever platform you have to denounce attacks on Asian communities
- Support local AANHPI-owned small businesses
- Watch a brief video or review a guide about how to safely intervene as a bystander (important: if it’s a violent situation or anyone is in danger, call 911 immediately)
- Report an act of bias
- Volunteer to chaperone with Protect Chinatown to help community members feel safer
- Stand in solidarity with Asian communities
- Make space for participating in anti-racism work within BIPOC communities
- Engage in mutual aid and form cross-community alliances
- Visit cultural institutions that celebrate the arts of different AANHPI communities, such as:
- Learn about the history of Asian-American discrimination