I am a board-certified internist and infectious disease specialist who cares for patients with infectious diseases related to cancer and its treatment. I also am Deputy Physician-in-Chief for Quality and Safety at Memorial Sloan Kettering and work with staff across the institution to improve patient outcomes.
Read more Read less
I am a professor of medicine at Weill Cornell Medical College.
My research interest is healthcare quality and safety. I am the author of more than 200 articles in the medical literature.
- Clinical Expertise: Infections Related to Cancer and the Immunocompromised Patient; Tuberculosis; Infection Control
- Awards and Honors: Castle Connolly: New York Magazine Top Doctors (2002-2014; 2016, 2017)
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, University of Oklahoma College of Medicine
- Residencies: Roosevelt Hospital (New York)
- Fellowships: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Infectious Disease
As home to one of the world’s top cancer research centers, Memorial Sloan Kettering is typically involved in more than 900 clinical trials at a given time. Currently, clinical trials focused on the conditions I treat are enrolling new patients. If you’re interested in joining a clinical trial, click to learn about the trial’s purpose, eligibility criteria, and how to get more information.Learn more
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more