I am a neuro-oncologist with extensive experience in the care of patients with brain tumors and the neurologic complications of cancer. I have led national trials of investigational drugs for primary CNS lymphoma and have conducted numerous trials of brain tumor therapeutics.
I am also Co-Executive Director of the Brain Tumor Center at Memorial Sloan Kettering. The Brain Tumor Center is a virtual interdepartmental center that spans Memorial Hospital and Sloan Kettering Institute to support research in brain tumors and promote its translation into clinical trials.
- Clinical Expertise: Neuro-oncology; Neurologic Complications of Cancer; Brain Tumors; Primary Central Nervous System Lymphoma
- Awards and Honors: New York Magazine Top Doctors (2002-2016)
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, Columbia University
- Residencies: Neurology - Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center
- Fellowships: Neuro-Oncology - Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center; Neuro-Oncology - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center; Neurology - New York Hospital
- Board Certifications: Neurology
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by Lisa M. DeAngelis
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more