I am a neuro-oncologist with extensive experience in the care of patients with brain tumors and the neurologic complications of cancer. I have led national trials of investigational drugs for primary CNS lymphoma and have conducted numerous trials of brain tumor therapeutics.
I am also Co-Executive Director of the Brain Tumor Center at Memorial Sloan Kettering. The Brain Tumor Center is a virtual interdepartmental center that spans Memorial Hospital and Sloan Kettering Institute to support research in brain tumors and promote its translation into clinical trials.
- Clinical Expertise: Neuro-oncology; Neurologic Complications of Cancer; Brain Tumors; Primary Central Nervous System Lymphoma
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Residencies: Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center
- Fellowships: Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center; Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Neurology
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Clinical Trials Led by Lisa M. DeAngelis
Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by Lisa M. DeAngelis
- A Phase I Study of Carboxyamidotriazole Orotate Plus Temozolomide in Patients with Glioblastoma Multiforme and Other Recurrent Malignant Gliomas
- A Phase II Study of Carboplatin and Bevacizumab for the Treatment of Recurrent Low-Grade and Anaplastic Ependymoma in Adults
- A Phase II Study of Combination Chemotherapy with and without Low-Dose Whole-Brain Radiation for Primary Central Nervous System Lymphoma
- A Pilot Study of NovoTTF-100A for Recurrent Atypical or Anaplastic Meningioma
- Prognostic Awareness and Patient-Physician Communication in Malignant Glioma